I’ve built every element on the playfield into vectors, setting the stage for a document that will serve as a full scale design template. VERY close to handing off to my partner in crime who’ll be doing the playfield art for this project.
Tag: team one
Added the plastic posts, drop targets, and wood rails (just barely shown), and made the inserts the correct colors.
After trying to find a place to scan my trace for a few months with no success, i finally decided to scan it in piecemeal and stitch it back together in Photoshop. After i got that done and tweaked the image so measurements were extremely close to 1:1 with the actual playfield, I started vector tracing elements in Adobe Illustrator. It’s been awhile since i spent this much time in Illustrator, and i gotta say that i like the updates—they’ve made it MUCH easier to create these kind of shapes with accuracy.
The idea is that i’m going to trace in all the fundamental playfield elements, then use that as the foundation for the re-theme art/design. So far, i’ve made a huge amount of progress, vectorizing:
- Holes and playfield cutouts
- Screw/post/nail holes
- Keylines around holes and cutouts
- Keylines for areas below plastics
- Pop bumper area placeholder
- Line showing ball travel from the shooter lane.
Next i’ve got some more elements to scan and/or draw, so that i can lay them in this design as well.
- Lane guides
- Return bumper
- Ball gates
- Ball guides
- Top metal arch
This is going to be an enormous project but i’m really having a blast.
Cleaning up all the Team One mechs. A few more hours and I will have cleaned all of it, including rebuilding the flippers.
Space in the garage has opened up a bit so i’m getting back into my Team One restore. It’s a bit slow going as I try to remember where i was with everything. I pulled out the Chime unit and tilt mechs. Rebuilding chimes with the Pinball Resource kit is absolutely worth it because… BELLS!
I’ll probably be spending the next few weeks rebuilding all the mechs i’ve pulled off. Will also need to tear down and rebuild both drop targets because they are really cruddy.